Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson GA-30RVH

Mars182

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a Gibson GA-30RVH for over a year and I finally found one. I just need help to know if it looks legit. It is off Pats Guitars, he has great feedback, makes custom guitars and sells vintage gear. I have contacted him, and I've had a discussion about it, and he sounds legitimate. I know it's the internet, and I have never been ripped off but I have seen many others being ripped off.

He's asking $1200, including the 5-way footswtich (EXTREMELY RARE) and user manuals. He is the only owner, and he bought it new. He owns 3, one he sold already, one he is keeping, and he is selling this one.

Any help would be great! thanks!

Marshall

P.S. Here is the link to the exact amp he is selling, and his website, etc...

http://www.patsguitars.com/ga30.htm

I have the same amp, mine is covered in the brown tolex. the amp looks correct to me. the gibson speaker cabinets have four speakers in a cabinet the 2 X 12's are on the bottom with a closed back and the 2 X 10 's are on the top and are open back. all four speakers are vintage 30's. It is a very versatile head and with the 5 way foot switch you can select the channel, blend the channels, operate the loop, reverb and boost the channel. If 1200 is the price with the foot switch, i think that based on what i can see in the picture it is a fair price, i am not selling mine, if I did i would want at least that much. I have two of the cabinets and use them with the head, as well as with several different amps.

Archived