Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio Deluxe Pickups

chase1410

Hello there, just gotta les paul studio deluxe a couple of weeks ago, and was thinking of changing out the 490r at the neck and replacing it with a 57 classic...will that go well with the burstbucker pro at the bridge? Are there any other good combos with the burstbucker pro? thanks

23578_1420313755809_1471628963_1055547_7615505_n.jpg

I've on my SG (On my Avatar) an Burstbucker Pro in the Bridgeposition and an Burstbucker 3 in the Neck Position, incredible Combo, especially on Clean in the middle Position ... High Output Lows meets Low Output Highs with a touch of strong briliance ... Sounds Exotic but does there Job better then all PU Combo's I've ever played ... I nearly ever play in the middle position on the Clean Chanal with my Baby =)

I've forgotten to say that the relavations of the Output is in relavation of the real Output of these PU's. If you Compare it with EMG's the BB Pro has a horrible Low Output etc.

Another think I've forgotten to say is that the mids which is developed from the Combo are the best of both worlds ... Think about it, it's absolutely great for all kinds of Music, but the lower Output of the BB Pro in the Bridge is'n that really good for Metal but, I didn't care and play it all way through.

Yes, you can install it. It will "Burst" you down [biggrin]

Just jocking ... not at all, I hope i could really help you out. If your Guitar has Coil Tapping I don't know if it messes it up ... sorry about that, but if you want to Coil Tap don't switch the PU's if you aren't sure if it works.

anybody else have any suggestions? Any other great pickups that go great with burstbucker pros? ..Another quest off subject..my guitar teacher was studying my guitar and was saying that there might be a battery in the back and to replace it if there was one...idk if he though it didnt sound right or what but i asked a sales rep and he said that there wasnt a battery in it..I think it plays great and i compare it to epiphone 335 dot, and its alot darker smoother and milky but can get it crisp and clean as well.. idk if its just becuase the place where i practice has really sh**ty amps or maybe theres something wrong? Im somewhat new and any advice is appreciated

• 5 weeks later...

Yo, mate... I just bought one too and sent it to my guitar tech guy who used to live here but just moved out of state. I wanted to do 57's (both neck and bridge). I wouldn't be able to do coil tap anymore (4 channels vs 2 aftermarket)... PLUS, I would need to buy 4 more control knobs and REWIRE THE ENTIRE GUITAR. If you do a TonePro, cover the pickups, install and pickguard, you'll be set with a good pro setup. The key here (and for all the studios) is to install toNE pRO system... that will mainly bring the difference up. A good amp and a sweet high end set of pedals will finish your team.

BB Pros are more expansive than 57's and even though the 490R is not as great as the 57 Classic, it will certainly do the job as a bit hotter pick up. I wouldn't trade the coil tap for another set of pickups right now. Mine is the vintage sunburst one... I looked at so many options to mod it right out of the store but with Grovers (fine, it will do it great... Sperzels will leave 4 EXTRA HOLES ON YOUR HEADSTOCK) For the difference in sustain (Sperzels heavier) it's not worth it. As already stated, the pick ups are good, neck and finish are way higher than price or other studios. Great deal all around, I feel you... cover the pick ups BUT DO THE TONEPRO BRIDGE! you will fall on your knees when you hear the difference. Get someone who really knows what he's doing and you're gonna get the money you paid for even more worth it, mate.. Hope it helped.

thanks alot for your input...i honestly have never heard of tonepro until you mentioned them...(I thought they wre just stock bridges for gibson [-( ....what exactly do these bridges do that are different then ones that are already equipped? Will it decrease future selling value? What model do you suggest...and also what do "covering" pickups do to the sound? I really appreciate all of thise advice..and I've actually decided not to mess or change the pick ups (even though i found these sweet rare archtop chrome pu rings ). I absolutely love the sound that i can get with my baby, and the only mod I've made so far is switching the jackplate from plastic to chrome...(could never get that damn washer back on though...[angry] )

Archived