Gibson Brands Forums

2 new Les Pauls in as many months

Shell Shock

Hi

I have bought 2 of the coolest new Les Paul Customs in the past 2 months, the latest yesterday.

One is a Cobra Burst and the other is a one-off cranberry transparent "camo" finish.

Beautiful and great sounding guitars!

Hats off to the Custom Shop and my buddy who owns Rainbow Guitars, here in Tucson!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I have the original P-90s in my '54 Gold Top, Burstbucker 1 & 2's in my '94 '58 Historic Plain Top, Burstbucker 3 & 4's in my one-off Tangerine Burst (avatar photo) Classic 57's in my (1 of 25 Ltd. Edition) Cobra Burst, which is my only chambered guitar, and now I have the PAF 490/498's in this one-off Custom. I can tell you this.....No are alike, nor do I prefer one over another. They all sound great and have a very unique and cool tone. The only two which sound very similar, strangely enough, are the '54 Gold Top and chambered Cobra Burst. They are also my 2 lightest LP's. Curious, huh?

The Custom with the PAF's is the "hottest" of them all, and loudest, and feeds back the best.

The Historic with the BB 1&2 probably has the most "natural" LP tone....if there is such a thing.

Well, that is my take on pick ups and tones in my LP's

Good luck and thanks for the compliments......they all go right out to the Custom Shop!!!

Steve

23m77tj.jpg

Someone asked me to post a better pic of my Avatar guitar (Tangerine Burst)

May i have a pic of the headstock?

It looks...diffrent.

dem00n,

Somethings not right . the black one he shows no headstock pics . the one you ask about is a one-off , what he says. those 2 guitars look cut & paste to me.

and the pups ? what ? just saying.( the red guitar was here )

c&p from here:

http://www.rainbowguitars.com/guitar/gibson-custom-shop/les-paul-custom-red-black-camo/CQCS000698/GB

dem00n' date='

Somethings not right . the black one he shows no headstock pics . the one you ask about is a one-off , what he says. those 2 guitars look cut & paste to me.

and the pups ? what ? just saying.( the red guitar was here )

c&p from here:

http://www.rainbowguitars.com/guitar/gibson-custom-shop/les-paul-custom-red-black-camo/CQCS000698/GB[/quote']

Hmm...intresting...[biggrin]

I don't know what has you confused. Samsquanch was asking about pick ups....so I tried to help out by showing examples of some of mine. I just threw in the photo of my Tangerine Burst (which does have a figured maple head stock and is a total one-off) to show this one since it is my avatar and I have gotten a few requests to post better pics of it.

I just haven't posted many pics because it's not a simple process.... here on this forum. But, for those of you whom are confused.....here is the Cobra, showing the headstock. and per your request, a photo of the Tangerine's headstock which also shows the nice inlay work and quarter sawn, light colored body.

But, now...I gotta ask....Who would cut and paste photos just to make up an imaginary guitar for an anon on-line forum....??? (Especially when my cover band's website is noted there and you can just click on it and see TONS of photos of lots of other guitars, friends, amps and band mates.)

And, you are correct. these came from Rainbow Guitars here in Tucson, my home town, and happens to be one of the country's premier Gibson dealers and Vintage Dealers....and the owner happens to be a really nice person and calls me when something "cool" comes in before he puts it on the floor. And, my red/black camo's twin brother, the silver and black one, just got sold to friend of mine here in town who has a Motley Crue tribute band. So, I get to see it whenever he plays. I like that.

28lt7ki.jpg

2vsfgj9.jpg

64jqfk.jpg

30krukk.jpg

Ah' date=' he copy the pic from the website but then he posted pics of the guitar he acutal owns.

That headstock is lovely...man im jealous. [flapper

Yup. The store's photographer is much better than me. They are the same guitar.....It is a one-off guitar.

I just prefer their photos to anything I have taken.

They used to have my Cobra Burst on the web site too. Now they just show the other Cobra as Sold, number 23 of 25.

And thanks, I love this new red/black Custom. The 10.1 lbs doesn't even phase me when I am playing it. It only seems heavy when I have to put it back in the case at the end of the night!

Here is the link to Rainbow's tweet the day I bought it during the Gibson Roadshow. (This guitar wasn't part of the road show however. Rainbow got this one and it's twin brother, a matte finished silver & black camo "industrial" looking Custom which my friend ended up with.)

Rainbow Guitars

Steve

Hi

I have bought 2 of the coolest new Les Paul Customs in the past 2 months' date=' the latest yesterday.

One is a Cobra Burst and the other is a one-off cranberry transparent "camo" finish.

Beautiful and great sounding guitars!

Hats off to the Custom Shop!

Steve[/quote']

Here is the little brother, Steve! And it's not a gig virgin anymore either! Thanks for coming out last night!

20hm1bn.jpg

Archived