Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting Humidifier at Woot Today

bkharmony

I have a Honeywell Warm Mist humidifier with built in digital hygrometer. There are no filters and I just take the tray out and rinse it or put it in the dishwasher once every two or three weeks and let the element sit in some CLR while the tray is being cleaned. I haven't had any issues with it for two years now. Works like a charm.

Using distilled water helps.

I have a Honeywell Warm Mist humidifier with built in digital hygrometer. There are no filters and I just take the tray out and rinse it or put it in the dishwasher once every two or three weeks and let the element sit in some CLR while the tray is being cleaned. I haven't had any issues with it for two years now. Works like a charm..

Yeah' date=' I've been looking at the Honeywell humidifiers. But I'm gonna give this one a chance for the price. Thought someone else on the forum might be interested.

why not try the humidipak? i have one and so far' date=' no problems. [/quote']

Because I have 6 (soon to be 7) guitars that I need to humidify. Estimating conservatively 2 humidipack changes per guitar each year, that's $100 that I don't need to spend.

I actually humidify the room (for health reasons as well as guitars) and use one of these humidifiers in each case, as well:

Because I have 6 (soon to be 7) guitars that I need to humidify. Estimating conservatively 2 humidipack changes per guitar each year' date=' that's $100 that I don't need to spend.

I actually humidify the room (for health reasons as well as guitars) and use one of these humidifiers in each case, as well:

[/quote']

Precisely. Plus I like to have the guitars out on wall hangers and stands.

Here's what I do.....you know those plastic Travel soap bar containers??? Get one, and drill some 1/4" holes in the top of the two piece container. Cut up a kitchen sponge so it will fit in the container. Soak the sponge (put a few drops of bleach in the water) wring it out, and put it in the case with your guitar.....poor man's humidifier.....check once a week. Voila....instant humidity.

Here's what I do.....you know those plastic Travel soap bar containers??? Get one' date=' and drill some 1/4" holes in the top of the two piece container. Cut up a kitchen sponge so it will fit in the container. Soak the sponge (put a few drops of bleach in the water) wring it out, and put it in the case with your guitar.....poor man's humidifier.....check once a week. Voila....instant humidity. [/quote']

Yep. That's what I linked to:

Archived