Gibson Brands Forums

New Dead Weather Album....

ShredAstaire

Edit: Listen to the whole album here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126414811&sc=fb&cc=fp

WOW, some DAMN groovy songs on this album...I didn't like the first album very much but this one has grabbed me good!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Has anyone else heard this yet? What do you think? I like Jack White more and more as he progresses...

Huh, I didn't think anyone here liked The Dead Weather or even knew of them. I'm a fan, ordered the new vinyl from their webstore but haven't got it yet (that'll teach me about picking the cheaper shipping...). I've been trying to stay away from the album as much as possible before it goes onto my turntable, but of what I've heard (more or less some 40 second snippets of every song), it sounds great!

Although I must say that Hustle and Cuss seems downright boring and rather bad, but I really like the other songs. I also have to say that Horehound, the first album, still seems a little bit better because of the dark and unrestrained vibe it had to it, all tracks really are killer on that album IMO. But I like the direction that the band has taken and I'm more overwhelmed with what I've heard so far, now if that damn vinyl would just arrive... [biggrin]

I hear ya...I thought Horehound didn't have enough direction and groove....this new one is all about the groove....Hustle and Cuss has that groove but its the same for the whole song so yeah I can see why you might not dig that one so much. The rest of this album is blowing me away though...

And it seems you're right....no other Dead Weather fans on here since this only has 1 reply since last night....I wonder if everyone who viewed the thread checked out the tunes or not....Ah well, i'm gonna listen to it as I work this morning!

I hear ya...I thought Horehound didn't have enough direction and groove....this new one is all about the groove....Hustle and Cuss has that groove but its the same for the whole song so yeah I can see why you might not dig that one so much. The rest of this album is blowing me away though...

And it seems you're right....no other Dead Weather fans on here since this only has 1 reply since last night....I wonder if everyone who viewed the thread checked out the tunes or not....Ah well' date=' i'm gonna listen to it as I work this morning! [/quote']

Damn it, I had to break my promise and listen through I Can't Hear You completely... what a track! So much energy [cool]

Archived