Gibson Brands Forums

Sweet Child Of Mine - Acoustic?

albertjohn

Anyone tried this acoustic? If so, please share.

My singing partner Liz burned a cd with some songs she wants us to try and it included this.

To be honest, I had never really "listened" to it and I always thought it was a touch cheesy.

Wow, that Splash chap can play can't he?

Wasn't he born in England?

I think sheryl crow did a cover of that song that was sort of acoustic sounding. I can't recall at the moment but I thought she did it for the Adam Sandler movie movie Big Daddy.

Splash Rules. :-

Thanks Obsessed76. I'll check out itunes and Youtube when I get home from work.

Just for fun I tried it out moving that main opening riff up to an open position and played it pretty straight and it sounds kind of cheesy.. did you come up with anything? I didn't really care for the sheryl crow version either.

Ran through it on Friday with Liz. Obviously the SC version suited us best.

The song cries out for open D with plenty of sus4s but we settled on open A capod at 2 i.e. in B. This key suits Liz's voice better. The guitar works really well in this configuration even at the bridge (where the solo would be).

Thanks again Obsessed76 for the heads up on SC.

I agree, I'm a frustrated rock band member too and the GnR version would be a great song to do in a band, but for a duo, SC's version works great.

Hey Cunk how's it going? All joking aside, having played SC's version a few times, it's actually a great country song when stripped right down and just goes to show that the boundaries are usually pretty blurred in these matters.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Archived