Gibson Brands Forums

What's the most precise Clip-on tuner?

DeVeeWee

I have 3 acoustics, 2 are manouche jazz guitars (= for Django Reinhardt swing jazz) and playing those guitars demands a different technique both for left and right hand. Playing this kind of swing jazz is very demanding on the side of the instrument itself. Because strings are strummed very agressively, these guitars get out of tune more often than a regular dreadnought type...

So, I'm looking to win your advice at buying an accurate clip-on tuner. The one that gets extremely good recommendations is the Intelli IMT-900, but this market is so huge...[biggrin] [biggrin]

intelli900_full_25996.jpg

http://www.fretstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1088

I use my iphone.... an app called guitar tool kit.

+1 Dave!

I use the L&M Guitar app(Gibson) and that's quite nice too, except for 'live' gigs. The advantage of clip-on tuners is that they don't pick surrounding noices and they work through a sensor that acts on vibration of the wood. On top of that, you can leave it at the guitar's headstock while performing so you don't waste time when tuning.

+1 Dave!

I use the L&M Guitar app(Gibson) and that's quite nice too' date=' except for 'live' gigs. The advantage of clip-on tuners is that they don't pick surrounding noices and they work through a sensor that acts on vibration of the wood. On top of that, you can leave it at the guitar's headstock while performing so you don't waste time when tuning.[/quote']

Very cool.... for acoustic and solid body?

I have this one from Seiko

It is very versatile and works good on the 'fly'

tuner.jpg

I like it has both clip and mic.

The mounting articulation is great. You can adjust it for every imaginable viewing Angle.

[cool]

Archived