Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's Acoustic Factory at Opry Mills

onewilyfool

I visited at that facility in summer '04, while my wife attended a Conference next door at the OpryLand Hotel. This was back when 'Big Joe' Vest worked there.

It's an interesting facility to see, for sure, as it combines three distinct elements:

1) retail store where they stock a large number of Gibsons, but a large number of other makes too; 2) Original Instruments/Bluegrass division instrument build as well as used instrument repair and restoration; and 3) the Showcase Theatre.

And it's all housed in a large suburban mall.

This is NOT the mall I need in my neighbourhood -- that Gibson store would get me into WAY too much trouble!!

Fred

This is NOT the mall I need in my neighbourhood -- that Gibson store would get me into WAY too much trouble!!

Fred

Kind of like an alcoholic living above a tavern!

This is really cutting edge stuff. Appears to be where opportunity (defunct amusement

park) met up with inspiration (Bringing the factory to the public).

Bravo Gibson Marketing, bravo. Take a couple shiny new "Gibson Pure" picks out of

petty cash.

Korean built Army/Navy Gibson mando? Well.. it does lend itself to impulse buying...

but at $200.00, it's not in my 'impulse' wheel house, but it might be to some.....

However, unless it's a bad reflection, I'd expect a better finish on a Gibson instrument

even if it was finished while you wait.

Archived