Gibson Brands Forums

Is there a 1935 Gibson Charlie Christian?

starfoxhound

Hi!

I'm about to buy a Gibson Es-150 Charlie Christian.

I alreday saw it, and I will take some pics today, so wait for pics.

It has a regular condition (I'd say good to be a 1935).

Seller claims it's one of the 200 ES-150 Charlie Christian that were produced on the first run.

ES-150 was officialy released on 1936, if I'm not wrong.

The guitar's missing the original tuners (has some other ES-150's tuners that didn't fit well) and pickguard. Has some dings and one of the back's support wood is unglued, making the back to "sink" inside. A well skilled repair tech might do it fine.

Serial number is: DG-2045, original hand-winded blade Charlie Christian pickup, seem to be original pots, wiring, and bridge.

I'll try to get pics for you as soon as I can.

Please help me, is there really a 1935 production? Are they rare? How much do you think it's worth?

You ONLY posted the same question in three catagories, you missed about 40 other places you could have also posted it.

A SINGLE post in the proper catagory (which this probably is for your question), generally works best. Multiple posts usually get ignored.

By the way, I answered one of your questions in the "acoustic" section.

Ok, I'll answer another one here: No, there is no such guitar as a '35 ES-150, it was introduced in 1936.

Now I'm going to go answer another one of your question in a different catagory, happy hunting.

Hi!

I'm about to buy a Gibson Es-150 Charlie Christian.

I alreday saw it' date=' and I will take some pics today, so wait for pics.

It has a regular condition (I'd say good to be a 1935).

Seller claims it's one of the 200 ES-150 Charlie Christian that were produced on the first run.

ES-150 was officialy released on 1936, if I'm not wrong.

The guitar's missing the original tuners (has some other ES-150's tuners that didn't fit well) and pickguard. Has some dings and one of the back's support wood is unglued, making the back to "sink" inside. A well skilled repair tech might do it fine.

Serial number is: DG-2045, original hand-winded blade Charlie Christian pickup, seem to be original pots, wiring, and bridge.

I'll try to get pics for you as soon as I can.

Please help me, is there really a 1935 production? Are they rare? How much do you think it's worth?[/quote']

Buyer Beware:

The DG-code would date it to 1938 - A=1935, B=1936, C=1937 D=1938; The G=Gibson. There is some overlap in these codes, but it's definitely not 1935, and not 1936 either.

Hey, you are right it is introduction in 1936. The Gibson Guitar ES-150 is generally recognized as the world's first commercially successful Spanish style electric guitar. The ES-150 was an amplified L-50 non cutaway hollow body model equipped with a single bar pickup. it was loud enough to take a more prominent position in ensembles.

Regards

data recovery

http://www.datadoctor.biz

Archived