Gibson Brands Forums

Should I hang on to my les Paul platinum?

iainm86

I have been thinking recently about selling my les Paul platinum.

I bought it in 2004 for £800. I just wanted peoples opinions

on the chance of it going up in value due this model being out of production

for a few years now. Should I sell or hang for a few years?

cheers

• 1 month later...

I have been thinking recently about selling my les Paul platinum.

I bought it in 2004 for £800. I just wanted peoples opinions

on the chance of it going up in value due this model being out of production

for a few years now. Should I sell or hang for a few years?

cheers

Please never sell a Gibson guitar!!! You will be very sorry later. I did it once, so I know what I'm talking about! I had a 1992 Les Paul Studio in ebony color and gold hardware. It had ebony fingerboard. It was a beauty...I sold it because my music instructor offered His 1974 Les Paul Custom 20th Anniversary model for sale. Unfortunately by the time I sold mine, He sold His to someone else...That was a great lesson, You shall never part with Your Gibson guitar!

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. I would say probably yes to the right buyer but not sure other then that. I really want a coppertop LP classic(looks like a darkened goldtop) and would probably pay more then its worth if the guitar felt good to me.Also would almost trade my standard for a new goldtop studio worn if it played and felt right. My honeyburst stays in the closet

SADLY THIS LIMITED EDITION OF GORGEOUS STUDIO LP'S AND SG'S WERE OT WELL TAKEN ,

I HAVE A PAIR AND WILL HGANG INTO EM...i HAVE EM SOUNDING GOOD AND EVENTUALLYT THE PRICE WILL COME BACK TO ORIGINAL PRICE.

THE WORST PART IS THE PAIN NEVER SEEMS TO BE REAL HARD AND IT EASILY CHIPS OFF NICE PIECES.

WITH THER EOWN CUSTOM CASE AND THE ALL SILVER LOOK i WOULD THINK I TIME 3-5 YEARS YOU'[LLLSEE THESE SELIING FOR UPWARDS OF 2,000.00

ST JAMES

JUST MY 2 CENTS

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived