Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Showcase in Nashville

rockman82

I have never been there but from what I believe I know it included many one of's and other very expensive guitars? Am I correct? Something like that may have been insured but most companies will do whats called self insured and if it flooded also how would you replace something like that. Place a value on that? I would be willing to bet Gibson has on staff a few who are responsible for the upkeep and repairs. This is more of a heritage thing for the company and hopefully the damaged equipment and the factory will be back up to the production it was prior to thew flood. Having recently experienced a natural disaster (Katrina) I actually know what these guys and company can feel like. I had almost all my clients disappear due to the surge that hit the coast. Good luck to those who wish to visit it again.

I can tell you know they had a LOT of expensive models. There was a 1966-69 era Gibson Sg Standard, a 1952 Les Paul, i think that was a 52. It was a vintage gold top at least. These two guitars were in a glass case that could be seen before you went inside. I don't know if they were damaged, because the case is sealed.

I loved going there. I can't lie, that's the only reason I even went to Nashville, because our money is so tight around here.

Archived