Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic Guitar review Southern Jumbo

ajsc

I think Scott Nygard said it well in the video. It is not a "slavish" reproduction to a particular model' date=' but a collection of popular features.

Perhaps the term "True Vintage" is what bothers some people. Since "True Vintage" implies it is a faithful reproduction of a vintage model. Maybe they should call the "vintage classic" or something...

I like the the guitar as is, and it has me thinking about getting one. Also, most people are not as in tuned to the minor details as those of us on these forums. So Gibson is probably taking some liberties, having some fun with it. I am certain they know exactly how their historic guitars were specified.

I am thinking of a road trip to guitarsales.

[/quote']

I think they should call it the "SV" series = "Sorta Vintage". :-)

Just like me.

Fred

I went to guitarsales last summer. I never saw such a collection of new Gibson acoustics. They had about 20 on display and many more that were not on display.

It was overwhelming If I were there to buy I would need more than one day.

They also can order a custom that can be there in about 6 weeks I was told.

I am a 4 hour drive away so it is in reasonable driving distance.

Hey eds how do you like your blues king. I've been wondering about these for a while, but have not had a chance to play one. In fact I have never seen one,except on line.

"The defense rests'' --but the prosecution moves for a rebuttal!

Argh! My first foray before the bar, and instead of the effortless Ben Matlock victory I anticipated, the prosecution is chomping me up like a Rottweiler eating Milkbones! I move for a mistrial, your honor!

Uncle Buck #-o

Argh! My first foray before the bar' date=' and instead of the effortless Ben Matlock victory I anticipated, the prosecution is chomping me up like a Rottweiler eating Milkbones! I move for a mistrial, your honor!

Uncle Buck [-X [/quote']

Buck, next time you post, have some of that vitamin water Lebron is hawking on the TV! You'll be knocking them dead in court and it wont hurt your picking either. Peace, JK

ajsc,

My Blues king is fantastic. It is very warm and punchy. The highs are fat, the mids are strong and the bass is good. The playability and feel of the guitar is exceptional and it looks great too. Just great for blues and ragtime, but great for fingerpicking folk stuff and flatpicking as well. I even play some classical on it, not a traditional classical tone, but it is so articulate that it works good for me.

Last night I got out my Martin 00028ec and after about a half hour, the Gibson found it's way back in my hands, the Martin back in the case. The Martin is a great guitar, but I am thinink about selling it; too much guitar to not be played more.

This guitar has me hooked on the Gibson tone, look, feel thing. That's why I am considering the SJ. It would take the mahogony Gibson tone and put it in a bigger package.

Thanks, I was afraid you were going to say that!! I had a 00-15 Martin that I sold about a year ago. Of all the guitars I've sold I miss this one the most. That's kind of whats got me thinking "Blues King".

Archived