Gibson Brands Forums

Frustration with Artist Models

Mike Phillips

The OCD complainers about the AL would find something to complain about a guitar even if it was made to their exact specifications.

TurkT knows all but :

If I ordered a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Strat because Yngwie was my inspiration . Like Alex let's say ,

we know alot about his playing over the years .

I then get the Yngwie Malmsteen strat , play it a second and say " OMG this fretboard is scalloped , Just like Yngwie's and

I do not like it . That would go into a case of buying something that was as advertised , but not what I or " other customers "

liked , that would make me look dumb . Actually not only look dumb but be dumb .

I order an Alex Lifeson ES-355 and I play it . I love it . The neck is nice , a few flaws big deal .

Yet something is not right . Oh , I found out what , the Volute is 1/2 an inch on the playing side of the nut

then one the Correct side , being the truss rod cover .

To be frank and honest , in all I have read and "heard" never once , never did I hear or read that Alex likes

chunks of wood where they don't belong .

If it was known that Alex has his guitar makers put Volutes , in the players way then I would not say a word .

If I bought a Yngwie Malmsteen Strat and the fretboard was NOT SCALLOPED I would ***** about that until

Fender took it back and Fixed the neck to the proper specs .

I would think Fender would never let that model go before it was correct .

The OCD complainers about the AL would find something to complain about a guitar even if it was made to their exact specifications.

No be real , could'nt you reword that to

TurkT worships Alex , He has a shrine , and anyone who has been scammed about

something , anything to do with Turks " GOD" shall be Burned at the stake.

Turk , I do not take Poor manufacturing Lightly . I am not Blaming ALex .

Did you get it . I am not Blaming Alex .

1. Send guitar to restore and restoration .

2. They will " fix " the volute for you .

3. You must pay for all shipping and workmanship as the volute is NOT

a manufacturing defect .

4. Sell it , it is a highly sought after guitar :^o

That is Gibsons resolution to their F up on a neck of highly technical players .

I am not getting used to a chunk of wood where my thumb rests when I play parts of songs.

No , I do not care that you " got used to it " I can't . Why you say ?

I have played guitar so FN long that I have never had any neck with this problem .

Including MY first guitar from the JCPenny catalogue in the early 70s.

Best to you

Archived