Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone here an Accordion expert?

Kimbabig

Okay, my father bought this at a garage sale a long time ago for a hundred bucks. We have no clue as to its value and are curious, we tried to find information on it but could find none. I don't expect any of you to know anything about it.

Iisduhpony027.jpg

Iisduhpony018.jpg

Iisduhpony017.jpg

Iisduhpony022.jpg

Iisduhpony021.jpg

Iisduhpony020.jpg

Iisduhpony019.jpg

I don't play them, but I think Accordions are pretty cool. The talent level required to play them exceeds what I have to offer. My Grandma gave me hers years ago, but it's not in as good of shape as yours. Maybe we should start an accordion picture thread [biggrin]

Looks like yours was made by GENERALMUSIC. I'm not sure how much information is out there, but it's a start anyway. Cool find btw.

What country is it made in and how old is it?

This is very important. I have one that was made in Italy during the World War II era that used to be my grandfathers.

It says "made in Italy" under the pad with the stain. No clue how old it is, but I will look into your guy's advice.

Thanks for telling me who made it Jantha, but unfortunately they no longer make accordions and have no information on them.

and underneath the pad also in red is "5062-4WR" but it looks like it was scratched in not made that way.

Looks nice. Those were generally built bullet-proof. If the bellows is air tight it could be worth something. It's a niche instrument. I suspect there is an ac-cor-deen form somewheres on this infernalnet.

Looks nice. Those were generally built bullet-proof. If the bellows is air tight it could be worth something. It's a niche instrument. I suspect there is an ac-cor-deen form somewheres on this infernalnet.

Air tight as in you can't open it without playing or note or pressing the black button?

Archived