Gibson Brands Forums

Went to see Unknown Hinson last night.

Riffster

What a solid display of guitar work. He covered quite a spectrum: rocking, rockabilly, country, surf-ish, jazzy, twangy, chunky heavy riffing. Solid, perfect, immaculate live execution with a lot of feel in it.

I was right in front of him just behind a girl, my ears are ringing this morning...he is a scary looking dude with those painted-on eyebrows and heavy make up.

I never really heard of this guy until I read about him on this forum, I had seen his Reverend Guitars ad but nothing more. Other than the covers he played I did not know his songs and I am still super impressed.

He played the 1:45 hour show with his Reverend signature with P90's through a ToneLab into a Vox half-stack. He gets all kinds of tones/effects with this setup.

If you think you are getting an idea as to how good this guy is and how good it sounds by you tube videoa you have seen nothing yet, what you see in you tube does not give you even half the idea.

Don't see any more of his you tube videos, just go see him, get there early and try to get in front so you get the full experience, best show you see in a while.

Good for you. He's great. A real guitar technician.

Guitar Player Magazine's websight used to have some incredible high definition videos of him but has since reworked their websight and the vids are now gone. Too bad, because they really were fantastic DVD quality.

I've been a fan for over two years now. Bought his Live Undead disk and love listening to it.

Sounds like you had the best seats in the house. Awesome!

Hopefully one day he'll make it out to the west coast.

I regret no bringing a good camera becuase I could have gotten really good shots, I was just 7 feet away from him.

My wife was impressed too, by the thrid song she said: this guy is good.

In talking to people I found out he comes to Nashville about every 3 months or so, I will definitely go see him again.

Archived