Gibson Brands Forums

12 string Epiphone FT-160N

ELITE GG 1337

There's a shop I run into at the Guitar Shows all the time, called "Antique Electronics." I have his catalog and I'll look for your knobs. He has all the old knobs from the 60s. If you go eBay and

search "Epiphone Truss Cover" you'll find a guy who has reissued every truss rod cover Epiphone has ever made. In my travels, he;s the only guy who has this stuff. The other thing I've done, is e-mailed Epiphone customer service and if there is a current part number for an item, they'll give you the number. You can go to any Epiphone dealer and they'll order you the part. That's how I've gotten tough to get Epiphone parts. Old knobs, agreeably are a tougher find, but check Antique

Electronics. He's your best bet.

Sorry.... it's Antique Electronic Supply in Tempe Arizona. If you Google it, you'll get there. He sells all kinds of old/odd guitar & amp parts, capacitors, tubes, pilot lights, tube sockets, grille cloth....all the old stuff.

Sorry....you meant tuning-key knobs (vs. volume/tone knobs)? The two places I;ve seen those are

Stewart MacDonald and Elderly Instruments. You might also contact WD Music, if you have the "snot-green" or "white plastic" tuner buttons. Since they own Kluson, who made many of the tuners in the old days, they might be able to supply you with replacement buttons, as well.

the tuner knobs (i want original parts)

The original machine heads on these models were very low quality, what's today available as even economy-level replacements are head and shoulders above them in quality. The early Epiphone imports have little if any premium value so every thing you do to improve the guitar as a guitar such as up-grading the machine heads is a huge plus. The replacement truss rod covers are available on E-Bay for around $10-$12 but do differ slightly (the epsilon is angled on the replacements) from the original-an original is probably going to cost around $50 which doesn't make any sense since the guitar itself is only valued around $175. There's nothing to be gained keeping these models original for the amount you're going to pay. Good luck.

...and Al's your uncle.

Archived