Gibson Brands Forums

is someone wanting a FireBird?

captmidnight

I would love to have either a vintage white or sunburst Firebird and wouldn't care if it were a Gibson or an Epipihone, long as it didn't have that poorly-plated gold hardware that oxidizes before you get the guitar home. Has to have chrome/nickel hardware and no faded finish for me, but either brand would work for me. The one that Epiphone has out now is way too stripped-down to replicate a

Firebird. C'mon Epi Guys....I know you can do better than the Firebird Studio.

I would love to have either a vintage white or sunburst Firebird and wouldn't care if it were a Gibson or an Epipihone' date=' long as it didn't have that poorly-plated gold hardware that oxidizes before you get the guitar home. Has to have chrome/nickel hardware and no faded finish for me, but either brand would work for me. The one that Epiphone has out now is way too stripped-down to replicate a

Firebird. C'mon Epi Guys....I know you can do better than the Firebird Studio.[/quote']

+1

The Gibson Firebird is just about my favourite guitar. Before buying my Les Paul, I almost bought an Epiphone Firebird from Japan that seemed to have the neck-through-body construction. I was on the fence as to whether it was legit or not, and so I ultimately passed. The current Firebird Studio seems to have none of what makes a Firebird unique, other than the look of the thing. However, in all fairness to Epiphone, building a proper Firebird (with the neck-through-body) is supposedly very expensive in comparison to building other guitars.

Gibson also seems to have quietly removed all three of their Firebird models (Studio, V and VII) from their product list in the last couple of weeks. All that's left is what's offered via the Custom Shop.

Archived