Gibson Brands Forums

Wiring Diagram needed.

vivisectionnnn

Hey I've got a Model S 210 vs and I've got a problem with my pickups. I took off the pick gaurd and found a black wire that looks like it's been disconnected from something. but don't know what. the other end of the black wire is soldered to a screw above the springs in the back of the guitar: looks like it might be a ground wire. anyone know where this should be connected to? I'd really like to get all the static off the pickups. unless I'm playing on the middle pickup, it sounds like ****.

Hey I've got a Model S 210 vs and I've got a problem with my pickups. I took off the pick gaurd and found a black wire that looks like it's been disconnected from something. but don't know what. the other end of the black wire is soldered to a screw above the springs in the back of the guitar: looks like it might be a ground wire. anyone know where this should be connected to? I'd really like to get all the static off the pickups. unless I'm playing on the middle pickup' date=' it sounds like ****.[/quote']

Solder it to the back to any of the pots.

The middle pickup is reverse wound, so it cancels out some of the hum when used in conjunction with the other pickups.

Archived