Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Edition 1966 G-400

SkEpTiKaL

Hey guys,

I posted on the old forum about this guitar, thought I was going to get it for Christmas but I got an acoustic instead (and now I regret it, because it was on sale for $300.) I've been saving up and I should have the money by about June. Only thing is, they haven't been in stock online or in-store since Christmas, and I don't know if they're coming back. Guitar Center lists it as coming back 2/15/08 (which was about a month ago,) and Musicians Friend had it up for 2/15/08, and then changed it to 4/11/08. Does anyone know if this guitar will be coming back by the time I have the money, or even at all?

Here are the links:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1966-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102676350-i1166714.gc

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?sku=512455

Thanks.

I bought one at a GC. It is awesome. Some of the GC's have them. Go to a GC and talk to the manager and see if he can get you in one from one of the other stores. It seems that the cherry stained with varnish gloss is the only color available. I'm quite sure a GC manager can locate you one from a store. You have to be specific in what you call it. Get the real name of it off of GC's site or MF site. They will search for it for you. You have to have the exact name or they only see regular Epi G-400's.

Hope this helps,

Duffy

Guitar Center lists it as coming back 2/15/08 (which was about a month ago' date=') and Musicians Friend had it up for 2/15/08, and then changed it to 4/11/08.[/quote']

If they are posting tentative arrival dates, that means there's a batch being made. Not unusual for it to be a bit vague as to the exact date that stock will arrive. I'd say there's '1966' G-400s on the way, so be patient.

100101100th post!

Archived