Gibson Brands Forums

Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Danny

This system is fitted as standard on new Washburns and is designed to ensure constant intonation along the neck.

Maybe it is just my ear, but I recently purchased a Washburn bass for my son (which has the set up) and I didn't notice any particular difference between that and a well set up normal guitar bridge.

Countering this, a friend of mine, however, has had one fitted to his Strat and has never stopped singing its praises.

Advice would be to go to a guitar shop that sells Washburns and try.

Regards

WAL

You wont get the advantages of the system without tuning the guitar with the Buzz Feiten method as well (not just the nut location change).

It just sounds like a pain in the rear to me. If I was going to do something like this I would change the nut out for an Earvana. It gives you the same thing, but you can tune normally. It's just very "unstock" looking.

I was very skeptical about it for a long time but am a believer now. I had a '62 sg rebuilt a year or so ago & when I got it back I noticed it had the prettiest-sounding open E chord I've ever heard. After looking more closely I noticed the Buzz nut. Dispite it's somewhat high price, I'd put it on any guitar I gigged with.

My brother has perfect pitch and has been fighting guitar tunings for years. He says the Fieten system solved that problem for him.

Archived