Gibson Brands Forums

50's or 60's Neck

JEPI

Think of it as kind of like a chunky '60s neck. The old Samick LPs had a nice slim neck though.

Bingo!!! My Samick has the slim neck profile and I reeeeeeaaaly like it. After playing my LP for an hour or so and then the DOT, it takes a little time to adjust. The DOT in comparison to the LP "feels" like a log. Never did like the "fat" neck profile of the Gibbys I've had..........J

I agree, Spud. Although I've never thought the dot to be anywhere as bad as the '50 rounded LP neck. I'm a thin neck guy, too. Man, the only thing that could make my elitist dot better is if it had the thin neck my Gibson 333 has.

I've never thought the dot neck to be anything more than a trivial inconvenience. I find the '50 rounded necks to be very uncomfortable for me, however. I would never buy a guitar with one.

...the only thing that could make my elitist dot better is if it had the thin neck my Gibson 333 has.

You must have gotten a thick one. The neck on my Elitist ES-335 seems hella thin to me' date=' although it's perhaps not quite as slim as my Elitist LP which is, shall we say, the '5th Element' of necks, in other words, [i']perfect[/i]...

I don't think I got a 'thick-necked' elitist dot. It's thinner than a 'regular' dot. It's just not as thin as the 335 (or, in my case, the 333) neck. To me, the thin necks on the 335's are the 'holy grail' of neck profiles. I am by no means complaining about the dot.

Archived