Gibson Brands Forums

Can custom one offs be ordered?

rkgsx

I contacted my local "super" dealer because I wanted to have the custom shop build a left hand explorer for me. He contacted Gibson and was told that they are no taking orders like this. Is the custom shop planning on changing this policy anytime in the near future? I would really like to get a lefty explorer and am willing to pay the custom shop premium.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Admin

I tried to get my dealer to submit specs for a quote but they said Gibson would only consider building a minimum of 25 guitars. Is this still the policy or should I press them to submit the guitar for a quote? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

As a follow up to my original post, I contacted my local super dealer over the summer and they contacted their Gibson rep who told them that Gibson would not build a left hand explorer one off.

I would really like one of these guitars, and given that there only a handful of lefties out there, the custom shop route is probably my best option. If the shop will build one for me, I will order it. If the shop is taking orders, please let me know. And if you could give me a name or reference number so that when I contact my super dealer they'll be able to cut through the bureaucracy I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Archived