Gibson Brands Forums

Bass Guitar

jhcolvin1

I have an Epiphone bass guitar and it is neck heavy. It won't rest with the neck in the proper position. If I turn loose of the guitar, it will rotate and the neck will point down. I have to hold the neck up while playing the instrument. Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem?

What kind of bass is it? Is it an EB-3? T-bird? Both are famously neck heavy... To add to the strap suggestion, try to get a strap that's got some suede texture on the backside, so it''ll grip your shoulder.. Also, you might want to move the strap button.. On the EB-3, you would want to move it from the back of the neck to the upper horn... With the T-Bird design, however, moving the strap button to the back of the neck will actually help.

At least that's what I'm told..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My EB-O headstock wants to point toward the floor when I let go of the neck, but I've never understood why this is a problem.

It's never like I have to wrestle with it, or even make an effort. With my fingers on the fretboard, the neck in my hand, all is well.

I suppose if I wanted to pose for a photo with it, and hold my fretting hand up in the air or something, this might be a problem. But that scenario doesn't really come up.

I do notice that my beer bottle will also fall towards the floor when I let go of it.

(ha ha, sorry, I don't mean to sound like a smart-a$$.)

Archived