Gibson Brands Forums

black appointments for my epi custom.....

chibecca

Just curious how some of you did this;ie parts, brands , correct sizes, OEM fitting. I have an alpine white custom and the gold is coming off so I figured it was a great time to upgrade the hardware and make it black as well to match the EMGs I'm getting someday. Any help / suggestions /pics would be great as well as appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You can get all black replacement parts from me.

I'm a dealer and use allparts and wdmusic.

tuners bridge tail knobs switches output jack strap buttons.. judging by a MF pic of the G 400 custom with EMGs..

and screws if you want to do the detail.. for the replaced parts and the parts you're keeping which have chrome.

I'd recommend Grovers, but I carry sperzel and gotoh and schaller and kluson.. and you should talk to me or someone, about which kind of bridge you'd like.. they have several for this guitar..

you can get black plastic knobs.. or you can get black chrome, maybe with black or white pearl inserts..

switches and jacks no problem.

dunlop strap locks in black would be handy if you like straplocks.

I'd do the screws all black, too.. you don't really want chrome screws on just a few parts.

If you want to pm me I'll shoot you some prices.

TWANG

I was just thinking about the same thing with a black G310 I got on MFs stupid deal sale.

Archived