Gibson Brands Forums

LP-100 Nuts!

dirtypool71

Hey ,just a quick question here about an Epi LP-100 nut.

I know I could've probably searched this but give me a heads up on where I can get a decent replacement nut. If you can give a site and part number or specs to search for, thats what I'd like. This is my 1st LP of any kind so I just don't want to order & find out I'm off by a mm.

Any other basic Info on this gtr would be nice too. I just got it w/ the VJ. It seems Like it could be an ok gtr with some upgrades. I'm kind of liking the PU's ,Just seems like there's some keeper tones in there after some improvements. I'd like to keep a shorter scale too. ( & I just love seeing a LP around too you know?)

You can get plastic bone graphite or tusq

you can get roller nuts ebanol mammoth bone

you can get them unshaped, shaped, or shaped and slotted.

I sell AllParts and WDmusic products, pm me with what you want and I'll find it excatly for ya.

You can then buy wherever you want.

(from me would be nice. and cheap, but I don't care)

I aint gonna list 'em all though. *G*

The LP100. I did a little bit of fretwork on the one I had, put a set of Grovers on it, swapped the caps. Sounded very good, played great.

I put some black knobs on it. thought they looked better.

For me, that's a pretty sweet guitar. I was going to let my friends son have it cost, but she apparently changed her mind.

So I sold it on Ebay for 17.5.00 with accessories and upgrades to some kid, who is no doubt very happy to have that much guitar for that cheap.

If I had kept it, we disagree here.. sooner or later I would have swapped out the pups.

I do believe the Grovers are perfect upgrade..and the only basic thing that the guitar really needs.. pups are a matter of taste!

By the way, I'm placing an order tomorrow so if you want a nut for that thing.. I can save you some money by putting it on that order.

LP 100 if I kept it: Grovers. straplocks. black speed knobs. new pups eventually, and appropriate sprague caps at that time.

(for what caps cost, I think you might find a swap cheap and give some nice improvements to the tone of those pups..)

TWANG

Archived