Gibson Brands Forums

Attenuators

DaddyO

I'm sure this topic has been beat to hell here so please excuse me for being redundant. Hi am interested in getting a weber attenuator for my valve jr. head. i am looking at either the micro mass 15w or the mini mass 50 or 25 w. Anyone have any opinions on which might be better ?

I wouldn't expect there to be any difference from one MASS to another. If it's only for the Vjr, you don't need anything more than the micro, so there's really no need to investigate larger models. If you were comparing a load dump and a MASS, you'd have differences to discuss.

I'm sure this topic has been beat to hell here so please excuse me for being redundant. Hi am interested in getting a weber attenuator for my valve jr. head. i am looking at either the micro mass 15w or the mini mass 50 or 25 w. Anyone have any opinions on which might be better ?

Your right it has...but lets beat it some more! I have a mini mass 50 and it works great with amps up to about 30 watts....a 50 watt marshall is actually too much for the 50watt attenuator. All attenuators suffer from some tone loss at full attenuation....it's just the nature of the beast. If all you want to do is knock off a few db's an L-pad works too. If what you are after is wide open tone at a bedroom levels...then a VVR (variable voltage regulator)is a better way to go.

Archived