Gibson Brands Forums

Vox AD-30-VT Speaker Upgrade?

Hey guys quick question' date='

Has anybody got or modified there vox ad-30-vt.

Would like to know if there is an uprated speaker that is better than the stock. Many thanks.[/quote']

In my opinion it is not a good idea

the "Voxes" programming the "ValveReactor" special to their (not bad)speaker

and with other speaker specification you don't know what you get

I think its the working-together of all parts

In my opinion it is not a good idea

the "Voxes" programming the "ValveReactor" special to their (not bad)speaker

and with other speaker specification you don't know what you get

I think its the working-together of all parts

Changing speakers won't cause problems. The valve reactor control the output wattage. It has nothing to do with the speaker. Any 30 watt speaker should work.

Every amp is the working together with parts. If you pull out one part, it is likely (but sometimes not) to not work. The Valve reactor just affects the output wattage. What ever wattage it's set at goes to the speaker. It's all working together, but there is no answer as to what you can do to it that makes it still work together.

Yep pretty easy. Tou have to take out the screws that attach the head to the cab. thentake the head out. Have to slide your hand in the back (unplugged from mains!!!) and maneuver the old tube out. Then align the pins of the new tube to the socket before sliding your hand in the back holding the new tube. Its a very tight cavity to work in but you will get the hang of it. Just take your time. BTW the way the Marshall model sounds after the tube swab is more like the newer ACDC rhythm guitar sound.

• 1 month later...

Archived