Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Stand for VOS Les Paul and other nitro covered gibsons?

guitman3

Do you have more than 1 guitar ? I have one of the brief cases that opens into a guitar stand . It holds three guitars . Made by Gator cases . Fender makes them as well . Its identical to the inside of a guitar case so its safe on the finish of your guitar . How the weather in "up the smoke" ?

When I gig my R7 it's happy on a Hercules stand. Thomann where I bought it from say it's not to be trusted with Nitro, despite the manufacturer's claims on the website. When I challenged Hercules they would not give a definitive answer.

So, I use it for gigs and in the mean time my nitro-finished guitars live in their cases. Sor far I have had no problems whatsoever.

I think the staining from guitar stands is a cumulitive effect after being on the stand a length of time, as the plastics/rubber crap lets off a chlorine gas of some sort, or so Ive read. so at a gig for an hour or 2 your probably safe, but I wouldnt do it for weeks at a time.

Ooo - just realised where South Carolina is!! I was convinced it was part of California. How wrong I was! Sorry dude :)

Im just a mere 3,000 miles from California. Just a hop for us Americans but for you pommies , a bit of a journey . So its hot in Blighty at the moment ? Its been 100+ for 5 days now , I think thats about 35 celcius . My aunt was here from Berks and she left just before the heat hit us . Good timing on her part .

I put the micro-fibrepolishing cloths on my stands where it will touch the guitar and i have not had any trouble, however i wouldnt leave it on there for too long in anysituation. If you find the gibson polishing cloths too expensive you can get the soft cotten cloths used for polishing leather shoes for like 25c each, thats what i use.

Archived