Gibson Brands Forums

Custom ebony vs. custom black beauty

migas11

hi there everyone.

can anyone tell me the major diferences between the regular custom ebony and the custom black beauty other than the second one having 3 pickups?

which guitar you think would be most suitable to play hard rock with?

It works out about the same. Since you still only have a three position switch' date=' there's only three overall 'tones' with either guitar. On the Custom, you get treble/treble + rhythm/rhythm; on the Black Beauty you get treble/treble + middle/rhythm. Since the middle pickup on the BB is closer to the treble pickup, the sound is [i']slightly[/i] different in the middle position than the Custom... but for hard rock you'll be using the treble pickup by itself most of the time so in my opinion it's not enough to justify the extra expense, as well as the pain in the butt of a middle pickup under your picking hand.

...but they do look impressive.

hi there everyone.

can anyone tell me the major diferences between the regular custom ebony and the custom black beauty other than the second one having 3 pickups?

Both are Beautifull guitars IMO.

I have the Two pickup Ebony Epi LP Custom myself and Love it.

Other than the already mentioned wiring/switch controls difference all I can see is the Xtra weight and wood missing from the middle pick up route.

I bet all that pup wiring is crammed in the control cavity pretty good though.

Win win choice IMO.

Archived