Gibson Brands Forums

Need help w/pickup replacement

seanalmet

Just got a set of Golden Age pups for my LP. The stock pups have two wires running thru the shield. The GA have three, the wiring diagram only shows two wires. Do I solder the two small wires together? Any help is appreciated I really don't want to mess this up.

Just got my Golden Age pups put in, burned the sh!# out of my left index finger in the process. It made for some painful testing.

I can say that both pups have far more articulation than stock. The neck has a very warm midrangy tone to it and still has very good tight and punchy bass response. Notes high on the neck have a very full, round singing tone.

The bridge pickup doesn't seem as hot as the neck, and somewhat, thin almost like a single coil. Still an improvment over stock as far as overall tone is concerned. Good ringing tone w/good sustain.

Next upgrade is a tube amp. Anyone need a Crate GTD 120? Low miles and good on gas

can you put a meter on 'em and test output?

maybe you put the bridge in the neck..

bridge should be hotter or at the very least the same output, which means balance comes from height adjustment.

Archived