Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone explorer with tremolo

Powerslave

Hallo, i wonder if anyone can give me some decent info/specs on a 1996 Explorer with floyd like bridge, this one has a small body, no pickguard and the toggle switch is located near the volume-pot. I think the color is called 'satin white' and it has zebra pickups and a bolt on neck.

I do not know the serial but according to its owner its a 1996, it's for sale and i want to buy it.

Regards,

Eddie

The only early Epi Explorer type I can think of are from the E-series. They had cutesy names like Basher, Bully, Demon etc... And yours may even predate the E-series, not sure....

Do you have pics?

Hallo' date=' i wonder if anyone can give me some decent info/specs on a 1996 Explorer with floyd like bridge, this one has a small body, no pickguard and the toggle switch is located near the volume-pot. I think the color is called 'satin white' and it has zebra pickups and a bolt on neck.

I do not know the serial but according to its owner its a 1996, it's for sale and i want to buy it.

Regards,

Eddie[/quote']

That pretty much sums it up. Most likely a Samick-made guitar, the body is probably basswood.

The trem is way too loose and falls out easily' date=' does anyone knows how to adjust it?[/quote']

Falls out?8-[ Presumably you mean during use of the tremolo? Have you tried adjusting the springs in the back, or maybe add a spring?

argh...me stoopid...8-[

Yes, i ment the arm.

I took the trem of and inspected it, there's a screw which hold some kind of spring to apply pressure on the arm, it was bent out of place so i bent it back a little. It works fine now.

About this guitar: i've searched Google for a while but cannot find another one like this, the only one i found was a black one that was for sale on a local ad-site. I know it's not a real explorer but it is shaped like an explorer, only smaller, what model is this guitar called?

Yeah, that thing is tiny. Still, it's larger than the Peewee guitars Epiphone had back in the late nineties. Perhaps if someone has a '97 catalog they can shed some info on this baby; other than that I think you've pretty much got about all the info you're going to get.

Yeah' date=' that thing is [i']tiny[/i]. Still, it's larger than the Peewee guitars Epiphone had back in the late nineties. Perhaps if someone has a '97 catalog they can shed some info on this baby; other than that I think you've pretty much got about all the info you're going to get.

Epiphone should put those catalogs online just like Ibanez did, makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for. They even should reconsider this forum and make more subcategories for each model they've made, that way a posting won't be gone to page 2 or 3 in an hour.8-[

• 1 year later...

Archived