Gibson Brands Forums

Here's one for Jerrymac or Iconoclast - Jorgan Ingmann's guitar?

JefferySmith

Although I have seen photographs of Jorgan Ingmann posing with a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, I recall seeing him in the early 60's with a full-sized jazzbox sort of axe. Anyone know what he played back then? His guitar lacked the twang of Duane Eddy, and I assumed it to be a Gibby or Epiphone.

Although I have seen photographs of Jorgan Ingmann posing with a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop' date=' I recall seeing him in the early 60's with a full-sized jazzbox sort of axe. Anyone know what he played back then? His guitar lacked the twang of Duane Eddy, and I assumed it to be a Gibby or Epiphone.[/quote']

4091.jpg

An old Gibson archtop with 2 P-90s. Other photos show it with a round bottom horn. My guess, late 40s - early 50s ES-350.

I did a bit of checking up - I have the advantage of being able to read the danish websites - and allthough I think of Ingmann as a LP player' date=' it would in fact appear that his best (early) work was done on the aforementioned ES-350.[/quote']

Damn, every time I see a hollow body electric with P90's, I kick myself in the butt for not having bought the Zephyr with 3 p90's. I guess I'll have to troll fleabay for nibbles.

Archived