Gibson Brands Forums

Best Acoustic for 200-300 bucks

marcbc

Hello there,

Ive been playing electric guitar for about 2 years i own a sheraton and and gibson les paul studio. I also have a nice 12 string yamaha but now im looking else where. i really want a six string acoustic guitar it doesnt have to be acoustic electric but it can be. i only have about 300 bucks to spend so help me out

For $300 you can get a Seagull Entourage Mini-Jumbo. Don't let the name fool you because it's really big, loud, and beautiful. It has the best tone and construction of any guitar I know, and it's genuine Canadian North American made. Try to find a Gibson or Martin with a better tone. You can also buy a Silver Creek Asian-made completely solid body at Musician's Friend for $230 to $300.:-s

I would say either a Seagul S6 (usually found for around $299, if you look hard) or the Epi Hummingbird. I've owned both. The seagull has a bit wider neck (they DO make a "slim" version with a slimmer neck but it IS more money). That guitar has AWSOME sound. Probably better than my hummingbird. I got the bird because of its looks and sound but mostly because the neck made it easier for me to play. Got my bird new for $250. The local Epidealer had a great sale. Good luck and let us know what you end up purchasing.

Archived