Gibson Brands Forums

First Post, LP std body color

mmainland

Hello,

This is my first post, Nice forum, lots of great information. I'm currently deciding on which color LP std plus top. While viewing the pictures on Epiphones web site it appears the color on the side of the body is white, at least that's the way it looks in my browser. If I veiw the same guitar on an online dealer it looks like its black in color. Has anybody else noticed this?

Mark

Regarding manufacturer and online dealers photos of guitars, the finish never quite seems the way it actually looks. As far as I know, the LP standard plus-tops sides and backs are all dark "mahogany" colored (maybe not all of them, but doubt a plus-top has white, anyway)As far as the face of the guitar, well......looks can be decieving, as well. Honeybursts look quite dark, darker than they are in person. Your best bet to get a good idea of the actual color of a particular finish is to go to a brick and mortar retailer and check them out in person, or browse various posts of forum members pics of their guitars. I absolutely love the finish of my honeyburst, as it's nowhere as dark as it appears on MF website. Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find the guitar of your dreams....

Archived