Gibson Brands Forums

Elitist Broadway or Byrdland

BBird

Thanks for all the input re. the unfortunate demise of the Elitists. It does make sense that the Elitist series may be siphoning money from Gibson. While researching the Byrdland I came accross several professional musicians who raved about the Byrdland and recommended it highly. I'm guessing the profit margin for an ES 175 is much higher than for a Byrdland or Broadway.

On the other hand' date=' with the economy tanking, it also makes sense to offer an [b']affordable [/b]professional guitar, doesn't it?

If Gibson disappeared tomorrow, the pros would do fine with Elitists (if they could find them). Some feel that nitro finishes are better for the sound. That could be true, but the pickups do most of the work there.

If Gibson disappeared tomorrow' date=' the pros would do fine with Elitists (if they could find them). Some feel that nitro finishes are better for the sound. That could be true, but the pickups do most of the work there.[/quote']

Yeah, and IF Epiphone continues the upward quality movement, on it's standard line, the need for

"Elitist" would be non-existent. Nitro finishes are considered better, but I think the better they get

at applying the Poly (thinner coats), that the differences will be minimal, tone wise. And, better for

the environment, in the process. Already, the Poly finishes I've been seeing, lately...and have experienced,

on the Rivirera P-93 LE, are far better, than just a couple of years ago, when everything seemed to be

heavily dipped/drenched, in plastic. So, let's hope the better quality trend continues!

CB

• 1 month later...

Hey Everybody, I have a quetion for you. I am going thru a pick-up phase with my Byrd. Right now I have SD's JB and a 59 in sounds good but.... Has anybody put Gibson Classic 57's or Burstbuckers in and if so what do you think.

Thanks, JR

Archived