Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton Modification Project!

EpiSheriMan

I quit dealing with WD music.. they messed me up four times in a row.

I haven't checked at allparts yet, they may have them, too.

But yes, that's a direct replacement bridge, the chrome is 25.00.. the gold 30.00.

so yes to both of you.. that's the one you will find goes straight in. better quality, too.

others bridges can fit.. but I'm sure you will have to remove the orig. bushings.. and dowel them in.. and then redrill and install new bushings

properly spaced.

There's an english guy who has pics up of this process on sheris.. but I can't remember the url. Nice guy, too.. emailed him a couple of times

myself.

Next string change, since I have several bridges here now.. gotoh, epi, schaller, epi repro.. I'm going to try to get some pics of each bridge

interchanged to show spacing etc..

I replaced mine on the sheri with a gold one. better gold, too. and it was quick and easy.

the new epi bridges are wider but just a tick.. it may be possible to use smaller bushings... and then you wont even have to

change the center point.. which means the bushing 'cap' will cover the original bushing hole.. and it wont be noticeable at all.

That's what I'll see about next string change. And I think it's possible.

One may decide to change this now.. instead of hope that someone else starts making the repro bridges which I understand are now out

of production.

TWANG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put in a call to my tech to see if had to do anything trick, or use special parts for the bridge and tailpiece, but he'd left for the day. I do know that he had to do a tiny bit of filing on the backside of the F-hole bindings to get the Mojo pots in (a slight beveling about 1/2 inch on either side of the 'pointy' parts of the F-hole). You can't see it unless you hold the guitar up so you're looking in the F-hole at an angle.

I'll also see if he had to play with the pole pieces to get the sound balanced, but I played it all day today at a gig and if there are any soft spots in the sound, I sure can't hear 'em.

To be continued...

I talked to my tech today, but he was in the middle of something and couldn't look up the exact part

numbers for the TonePro pieces, but he did tell me that he used the large posts and the Nashville style with

un-notched saddles. It was pretty obvious that notching the saddles isn't his favorite thing to do, but he said

that it's the best way to get the string spacing/alignment exactly right. He also said that adjusting the

pup and/or pole piece heights is s.o.p. when he's doing a set-up.

I'll try to get some pix posted to see what you guys think of the finished product.

Archived