Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody gig with vjr head and cab?

rybass

I cutting my heard down to one amp one guitar. (pauses for the laughs to stop) And I'm wondering how well the vjr head is at keeping up in a live situation? I'm in an apartment right now so it's kind of tough to crank it to find it's volume ability but I may have a regular gig coming up. Do I need to mic it? Run a boost infront?

Anyone with any experience; I could use the real world knowledge. Thanks

I've used my 5 watt blackheart at a small gig (250 seat auditorium). It was fine, but I'd have liked to dial it back just a touch for more headroom. I have a feeling the VJr is in pretty much the same boat. It's doable if it's not TOO largea venue and if the rest of your band isn't getting too loud. You can hear it over drums, that's for sure.

I have a direct box I plan to use if I ever gig with it again. I'll just run it straight to the PA and use my cab as a monitor.

I play in a Dokken cover band (just for another month thank god) and I agree qith the above poster.

Smaller venues are fine. I mic through my PA for larger stuff. We did play outside a few weeks ago and

i was having a tough time keeping up. Outdoor acoustics is a totally different animal.

Archived