Gibson Brands Forums

les paul goth pickups features

kevin mask

even the lp studio had 11 and 16 ohms.. neck and bridge respectively..

epis tend toward higher output' date=' and I'd guess the goth has the same pups as the studio.

TWANG[/quote']

I believe they may be closer to 8k and 14k, like the stock dreck that came with my Dot Studio.

could be. I just took a shot!

the studio and goth are pretty much the same so it seemed like they'd use the same pups.

TWANG

also I should have said K.. but I figured everyone knows it's in thousands of ohms.

thank you for the reply, I have an original stratocaster with an handcrafted humbucker at the bridge (very PAF oriented) whose DC resistance is 9k, but the goth sounds indeed more aggressive, rounded, and definite, a very powerful growling tone compared to my strat which fizzes a little more in spite of the humbucker, so I was wondering if it had a higher DC resistance

likely, I think.

A VOM... volt ohm meter.. or multi meter.. the type with the needle on the dial. can usually be found around for under ten bucks.

You set it to Ohms and make sure it will test from 0.. some dont'..

but that way it will test speakers.. which start usually around 2 to 16 ohms..

and test your pups for ohms K *X1,000)

and it's handy too for finding shorts in the wiring, etc..

Neat thing to have in your case for emergencys, and to have around when shopping.. freaks out the saleman when you start measuring pup output... and for checking on your guitars at home,too.

TWANG

Archived