Gibson Brands Forums

PR 350

Just Strum

I went to the music store today to purchase some picks and came home with a guitar. I was walking around looking at the Fender Strats and then decided to go in the back room where they keep the acoustics. Since I started out on acoustic, they still have a magical attraction to me. Anyway I see this Epi sitting there in the used section, pick it up and it sounds sweet. Fairly easy to play and booming sound.

Well needless to say it is now sitting behind me as I type this post. According to the serial number it was made in 1990 in Korea. It has some dings, scratches on the back, and there is a section of binding (about 1/2") knocked off the back of the guitar, but as I said, it sounds great. It's a PR 350 and from what I've been able to find, it has a solid body. Anyone here have info that they can share?

Edit: the more I read, the more I am not sure about this being solid body guitar, although looking at the inside, it seems to be solid.

Picture1037.jpg

Picture1038.jpg

Picture1039.jpg

Picture1040.jpg

The top is solid spruce and the back and sides laminated mahogany.

Thanks. Apparently they made some that were solid Rosewood (back and side), but I'm not sure of the model designation, maybe PR350SR?

The guitar sounds good and I picked it up for $60, so I'm happy. It's a nice looking and sounding beater.

Archived