Gibson Brands Forums

Some randommm questions

TehLesPaulZorz

Model number...never looked for one. Just knew what I wanted, and bought it.

As to how the "Sunburst" is done...after a wood sealer...usually clear or amber, then the translucent yellow paint is done,

and the red (or whatever other shade the burst is done in), is "airbrused" on after that. Finally, a clear sealer coat (or several).

They are lovely!

CB

Anyone else know where to find the model number? I need it to sign up for the warranty.

Just type in the model...which "Les Paul" version it is...and with the serial number (on the back of the headstock).

That really should be plenty of infor, for the warrenty card.

Or, go to the Gibson/Epiphone website, or call Gibson CS at their 800 number.

CB

Anyone else know where to find the model number? I need it to sign up for the warranty.

The product code is on stickers on the box and the warranty card but don't worry about the warranty registration; do worry about keeping your original receipt because you'll need it in the event of a warranty claim. I'm telling you from direct experience, having had my defective guitar replaced by Gibson/Epi this past May.

The model # was on the long Epiphone pamphlet that came with my guitar... the one you actually fill out to complete the warranty information. I couldn't find it either, so I called Gibson and they gave it to me. They also showed me where to look on the pamphlet. There is a sticker on the back somewhere near the bar code and it says "Model Number" in small print. Or, just call Gibson and give em the serial # and they will give you the model number.

1. Where the hell do I find the model number?

2. How exactly is a sunburst made?

I just got a Standard Plus Top and I can't say how beatiful it is. The sound is amazing transferring from a..Squier Fat Strat. I'm extremely pleased to join the Epi family.

When I registered mine all I wrote in the "model" box was LP Classic' date=' and the serial number from the back of the headstock, in the S/N box. No problem at all. Registration accepted.

Now I'm waiting for my free subscription to Rolling Stone =D> [/color']

Archived