Gibson Brands Forums

Got a Question???

kebamo

When I first sign into the Gibson Forum, I was on the other site. When I mentioned that it was a Epiphone they all went kinda crazy and told me to come here. What was their problem?? Isn't an Epiphone Les Paul still a Gibson??? Or is there a difference? ( By the way I am new to Guitars and am just learning to play) (Badly at that!! hehehe)

Karl

It is as far as Gibson is concerned. and yet, it's still an Epiphone, too.

They control the use of the names, gibson, les paul, epiphone, and when they say it's a les paul, it's a les paul.

a les paul epiphone, owned by gibson, built to gibson/epiphone specs, labelled epiphone.

be proud of your epiphone.

I always say.. ok.. a gibson is great... but for the money, I'll take four or five epiphones and outdo it!

learning to play badly has been my modus operandi since 1965.

I'm just about there!

A lot of gibby owners feel bad about having paid so much,

but the ones in here, for the most part, really understand that an epi lp is an lp.. les paul says so!, too.

and, they know it's a good guitar to own and play.

TWANG

I'd have to agree to most of what TWANG said and there are probably some on the Gibby site who are a little snobby about it. But in all fairness if you have an Epi then this is a better place to get to know folks and talk about your guitar.

Part of the reason is because some of the parts between a Gibson and Epi may not be interchangable. In other words, what fits a Gibson may not fit your epi. The people on this form know and understand this and are better able to help you and point you in the right direction if you want to modify your guitar.

Archived