Gibson Brands Forums

will the epiphone elitists still be around for at least 2 months?

Acquiescence

Elitist guitars were made in Japan, and had American electronics and hardware. They were also made

to specs much closer to the original Kalamazoo Epi's. The only real difference, was the Elitist had Poly

finishes, and the originals were "Nitro!" As to what Epiphone is doing, regarding the now discontinued

"Elitist" models? We can only speculate. Some feel that maybe with the Dedicated factory in China,

Epi will make "Elitist" quality versions there, where they can concentrate on just Epiphone models, and

not other brands, as the Korean and Japanese factories had to do. So, spec wise, they could/should be

a lot closer, again, to the original USA Epi's. Whether or not, that will actually happen....we'll just have

to wait and see. But, if the quality of the regular line, , from Quingdao, keeps improving as it has, there

may not be any need, for an "Elitist" line, anymore. ???

CB

wow! bacchus and tokai are expensive as hell! even the edwards seem to be pricier. i've read a lot about them whill shopping around (before settling on an elitist) but i had no idea they were that expensive. for that kind of money' date=' i'd rather get a heritage, and not pay crazy shipping, customs and have to wait forever.

ok, on pages 2 and 3 they are a little cheaper, but still. wow.

anyhow, i would still expect elitists to be available on the used market, but if you want a new one, act fast. fast.[/quote']

The nitrocellulose finish is probably the major reason for the big price differential on those instruments. I think the Heritages are a bit more than the Tokai, but it is hard to tell as Heritage doesn't like asking prices being posted on the Internet.

The Ibanez John Scofield is also out there in Elitist quality territory.

Archived