Gibson Brands Forums

Difference between Sheraton VSB and Sheraton 2???

Queenie

I have two Sheratons. A blonde VSB and a tobacco burst Sheraton 2

I can not figure out the difference between them .. except the VSB seems bigger some how.. but when I put them together they are the same.. Anyone know what the difference in these is?

Thanks

"VSB" if it's on the lable, measn "Vintage Sunburst," as Eric stated. Did you buy that one new? It's possible, it was mislabled, too. Sheraton II, simply means it has a "Stop" tailpiece. The original Sheraton (I) had the frequensator tailpiece, mini-humbuckers. The original Sheraton II's had mini-humbuckers, too...but with the newer (at the time) stop bar tailpiece. Most Asian Sheri's are II's, with full size humbuckers...but, there are a few, that had the frequensator tailpiece and large humbuckers, too. The "Elitist" Sheraton is a II, as well. There were some

"Assembled In USA" "John Lee Hooker" models, that were in both I and II configurations...and in Sunburst or

Natural finishes.

Hope that helps, some?

CB

Ok.. that is weird cause the blond one had VSB on it .. this is confusing.. I thought it meant vintage sunburst too.

Thanks everyone for the input.

They both are identical as far as I can see with regular hummers. both are 1994's bought new at Guitar center on Sunset Blvd, hollyweird. The blonde one always felt like the neck was bigger, whereas the tobacco burst one seems like a more slim line neck profile. It plays differently.. more like an es335 where as the blond one plays like a jazz box..

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. glad I have both. thanks again

ADDIE

I'd say that the most likely case is like Charllie said - probably just had the wrong label applied at the time of manufacture.

It's entirely possible that the necks could feel different. Even as automated as guitar production is these days there's still some hand shaping and sanding involved that will result in variances.

Archived