Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton - N?

At one of the local shops today I found a blonde Sheraton-N. The serial is #S9202398, which doesn't show up on the guitar dater project listing. Can anyone give me some info on it. I believe it was manufactured by the Samick factory, but not sure. It looks good with no dings, etc., but does have a well worn pickguard. Price: $386.00 USD; what do you think?

At one of the local shops today I found a blonde Sheraton-N. The serial is #S9202398' date=' which doesn't show up on the guitar dater project listing. Can anyone give me some info on it. I believe it was manufactured by the Samick factory, but not sure. It looks good with no dings, etc., but does have a well worn pickguard. Price: $386.00 USD; what do you think?[/quote']

The guitar is in deed as you said, a Samick-made Sheraton (The "N" stands for natural" (blond)) The serial number is a little weird and can be read as February of 1989 or February of 1992...either way it's within that time period and $386 seems a reasonable price for those guitars.

Nelson

It is indeed Samick, my reading of the serial is that it's a February 92 model. I just recently bought the very same model in blonde, mine being a July 1997 model. Mine does show up on the dater project with a number starting S9706.

I know things are a bit cheaper there in the USA, but even so I paid £280 (about 430 dollars) in the UK for mine... I'd say you have a pretty fair price there.

Archived