Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Man

rbc

I just finished reading a book some of you guitar nuts might enjoy. The name of the book is Guitar Man by Will Hodgkinson, I found it on Amazon. Yes, Epiphone and Gibson are mentioned in the book.

It revolves around a 30 year old Englishman and his desire to learn to play guitar in only 6 months and then in front of a paying audience. He travels to U.S. and meets a few guitar legends looking for lessons and insight. He also studies with some British legends and has some adventures, all involving the guitar. There is also a lot of history of the guitar mixed in with the story. You can read the book to find out how his first gig turns out.

I enjoyed it. By the way don't take the term "Guitar Nut" as derogatory. I have been with a guitar for only 3 months and am beginning to see how you can be obsessed with wood and strings.

rbc

I just finished reading a book some of you guitar nuts might enjoy. The name of the book is Guitar Man by Will Hodgkinson' date=' I found it on Amazon. Yes, Epiphone and Gibson are mentioned in the book.

It revolves around a 30 year old Englishman and his desire to learn to play guitar in only 6 months and then in front of a paying audience. He travels to U.S. and meets a few guitar legends looking for lessons and insight. He also studies with some British legends and has some adventures, all involving the guitar. There is also a lot of history of the guitar mixed in with the story. You can read the book to find out how his first gig turns out.

I enjoyed it. By the way don't take the term "Guitar Nut" as derogatory. I have been with a guitar for only 3 months and am beginning to see how you can be obsessed with wood and strings.

rbc[/quote']

Sounds like an interesting book.

As for the guitar nut comment, speaking for myself, I wouldn't have taken offense if you dropped the word "guitar". The fact that you added it gives me a reason for being nuts and justifies my actions.

Archived