Gibson Brands Forums

MIK Riviera with US parts?

Ricochet

I'm certainly not an expert Ric,but I've heard claims like that before and it makes absolutely no sense to me from an economic standpoint. Shipping american made parts to Asia for final assembly? I could see the final assembly and setup being done in the states for QC reasons,in fact that's what Brian Moore does with their imports...but not the other way around.

I'm certainly not an expert Ric' date='but I've heard claims like that before and it makes absolutely no sense to me from an economic standpoint. Shipping american made parts to Asia for final assembly? I could see the final assembly and setup being done in the states for QC reasons,in fact that's what Brian Moore does with their imports...but not the other way around.[/quote']

Thing is, they all come with case included, and price point is a bit more than the regular Rivieras used to go for.

The US made tuners(Grovers) should have tipped me off tho. I think they haven't been US made since....forever?

I could see the minibuckers being US-made, being a bit of a novelty PU, but yeah it makes no economic sense at all.

However I can't see the (very legitimate) dealer making up a story like that.

Archived