Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton Tuning Machines....

emgcarra1281734075

Hi All: I am happy with my ´89 Sheraton.....But I am thinking about making some minor improvements..

One of them is about the original tuning machines, it´s difficult to keep her in tune through the hole gig, so I went

to StewMac site and I found these: "Grover Full-Size Rotomatics, 18:1 ratio, for about $53.....

I am also thinking about a new nut, in order to keep the hi E in place when bending...(try to alined the hole bunch of strings)

I guess there are some gurus out there that can spread some light about this pretention....?

Well, thanks in advance.....:-k

P.D. All these "repairs" done by a reputed luthier, of course....

reputed

adj : commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive

grounds; "the foundling's putative father"; "the

reputed (or purported) author of the book"; "the

supposed date of birth" [syn: putative, purported,

reputed, supposed]

The GraphTech Tusq nut that's sized for Les Pauls will fit a Sheraton (it fit my '97 MIK) and is correctly pre-slotted. Requires some sanding down for the correct height - I haven't quite got mine right yet, but for your luthier it should be a walk in the park.

grover rotomatics fit.

the new locking model is nice... and does come in full size 18:1 with knob on the back ala sperzel.

tusq makes a nut that fits.. the model 24 I think it's called.

you may have to sand or file the bottom to get the height correct.

TWANG

Thanks for your advice (all of you)......I will go for the Rotomatics....

May be the nut can wait until I feel more confident with the repair process...

Tail piece and bridge make an almost $100 duo....! I don´t think they are in such bad shape...

Please forgive my English, I was trying to describe the good reputation of the luthier....(reputed)

If this forum evolves to a multilingual platform, I will be pleased to help with your Spanish doubts...

P.S. I am still happy with this guitar....](*,)

Thanks

Archived