Gibson Brands Forums

new tuners/trc for elitist lp?

eor

just wondering. mine didn't have the originals anymore and has mini locking rotomatics. so its like a regular one, but with little ears. go to thinking of ways to jazz the thing up... which tuners would look cool on the elitist headstock? tuners that work well, of course. anyone ever try (stair step) super rotomatics on an lp? any photos?

also, can anyone recommend a place that makes trcs? for whatever reason, it bugs me that it says "elitist" on it. the guitar is, but i'm not. ok, maybe tonally. or guitarically. =P~/

I've got grovers in both the imperial and large button styles.. the imperial, stepped buttons, are not so good looking on the lp..

they look ok on the sheri which has the larger headstock.

I'd go with either the stock size buttons on the grovers, or I'd switch to something like tulip shaped buttons..

you can get the grovers with either.

Coincidentally I just had a set of step buttons on the lp .. and deleted the pics!

I was going to post them, but thought they didn't look good and made tuning up kind of a drag being so close together.

I make truss rod covers.. and I sell tuners so.. pm me if you want a set. I'm pretty reasonable.

tr cover free if you buy tuners.

I'd suggest just buttons, but I'm not sure you can fit large buttons on the mini grovers.

the shaft size where they meet might be kinda funky.

and nobody makes mini imperials, etc.

You can probably ebay those tuners for the price of new ones from me so it's not a bad thing.

Locking or non locking.. just specify in pm.

oh and on the tr cover.. I'll take a look but it's a bell shape, correct?

should be standard size and screw holes so, that will be cool.

Mine are usually black/white/black on the tr cover.

TWANG

Archived