Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone buy a JamVox yet?

Lend27

Purchased it from American Musical Supply online.

Paid $249.99 with free shipping.

The UPS tracking says delivery on Monday.

I'll post my opinions later in the week after I play with it a few days.

Len

Is my brief description basically what it is? It appears to be a pretty cool learning tool that provides a lot of features to enhance the process.

I don't have a JamVox, but what I have is a BOSS Micro BR Recording Studio that I bought last December. Here is what I shared with members at another Forum:

What a cool toy. I repeat, what a cool toy. If you are looking for something to practice with, record with, augment your guitar or vocal sounds or damn near anything else you can think of this is it...period. It's a (drag 'n drop USB mass storage device) MP3 player, a drum pattern metronome, a guitar trainer and jam tool with 50 different effects and it records multiple tracks as well. You can use it with headphones, pipe into your stereo in AUX mode or (and I haven't tried this yet) plug it into your amp for additional effects. The only thing it doesn't do is cook dinner. My wife did that just to get me to stop playing with it for a little while. With the $18.99 AC adapter and I strongly recommend getting it because two AA batteries last about one hour, it cost $266.60. Oh and I forgot something very important, it is just a little bit larger than my wallet.

http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=157

That was a year ago. Since then I have experimented with recording, but I use it mostly as a practice / jam tool. When I play "Sunshine of Your Love", EC's world-class solo is removed and replaced with my low-class, no-class (phew I stink), wish-it-was, solo. So that's it boys and girls, if you don't have one of these, you don't know what you are missing!

That there is a really good gadget to practice and perfect your timing and hey What i always wanted as a vocalist.. it can separate vocals too.:-k/ Ill probably get it after i get my pay this week.. hope it's in Australia !! it really looks cool.... !! what has technology done to us aspiring musicians !! Bravo ...:-#

Thanx for sharing Lend27..

Archived