Gibson Brands Forums

Is MZOnline now selling through amazon?

Guest alanhindle

Guest alanhindle

I've just been browsing on amazon.co.uk and have found a number of Epi LPs available via one of amazon UK's new sellers called 'musiclifetime':

http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/musiclifetime

When you click on this link, the shop also calls itself 'MZMUSIC_ONLINE' (at the top).

Is this the same seller as the now infamous MZOnline I wonder?

Can we not even guarantee that you won't get fakes through amazon?

I would say if they seem like the same place selling the fakes contact amazon.co.uk and ask them what their policy is regarding something like that. Here is info with amazon's contact stuff: Talk to Us! "Get express Customer Service by phone by calling us on Freephone

0800 496 1081

Calls from the UK are free.

Our agents are available Mon - Sat, 08.00 - 18.00, local UK time.

International customers can reach us at 0044 (0) 207 084 7911

Call charges will vary. Please contact your service provider for details"

and a link to a page for email contact: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564&type=email&skip=true#csTop

Guest alanhindle

Just sent the email below to Amazon UK

Dear Sir/Madam

I've just been browsing on amazon.co.uk and have found a number of Epiphone electric guitars available through one of your new sellers called 'musiclifetime' found at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/musiclifetime

When you click on this link, the shop also calls itself 'MZMUSIC_ONLINE' (at the top).

Recent discussions have taken place on an epiphone electric guitar users forum (http://forums.epiphone.com) about sales of fake epiphone guitars. These fakes have been sourced by a UK importer of Chinese products called MZOnline. This company's website is found at:

http://www.mzonline.co.uk/electric-guitar-18-c.asp

Genuine Epiphone guitars are now all made in China, but there is increasing evidence that fake Epiphone guitars are also being produced within the same country

I am concerned that MZMUSIC_ONLINE and mzonline are one and the same and, if this is so, there is a likelihood that Amazon UK would be unwittingly playing a part in the sale of counterfeit goods.

I would therefore urge you to check that MZMUSIC_ONLINE and any other sellers of Epiphone guitars you include on your site are authorised suppliers by running a check with Gibson/Epiphone.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards

Hey Al,

Did I read correctly on one of your first postings that you were unemployed?? ( I may be wrong)

Hope you kept most of your lottery winnings as I fear you may need them to hire a good lawyer...

I understand what you are doing and in agreement with you, however, what do you think those at MZ online and Amazon are gonna say...

Good luck mate...

Guest alanhindle
Hey Al' date='

Did I read correctly on one of your first postings that you were unemployed?? ( I may be wrong)

Hope you kept most of your lottery winnings as I fear you may need them to hire a good lawyer...

I understand what you are doing and in agreement with you, however, what do you think those at MZ online and Amazon are gonna say...

Good luck mate...[/quote']

Must be mixing me up with someone else as I'm most definitely employed (unfortunately).

As for Amazon, I'm just drawing their attention to the possibility that, if it is the same MZonline that we know, there are concerns (highlighted via internet discussions) about them supplying customers with fake guitars. It's now up to Amazon what they do about it. I don't think I've put myself in to a difficult legal position- no more than anybody else who has made a public comment about MZonline on this forum, I would say. The advice for them to use authorised suppliers only is a sound one I think.

Anyway, here's their reply to me:

Dear Customer

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk Marketplace.

Thank you for contacting us with this information.

I have brought this to the attention of the appropriate department within

Amazon.co.uk for investigation. This team deals with possible violations of our

policies.

Please know that for account privacy reasons, we cannot disclose the outcome of any

investigation we may perform.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here

If not, click here

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website.

Warmest regards

Guest alanhindle
Apologies there Al' date=' you were right I was wrong.....#-o

I like the "warmest regards" bit at the end, how "warm" do you want it..... :-k [/quote']

No worries and thanks for your initial concern.

Alan

• 5 weeks later...

Archived